Welcome!

My name is Tracy. I have 4 children. Two adult children and two teenagers. I also have a married son. There's a wide variety of life lived right here. I open my arms and welcome anyone who just wants to laugh, know that there is someone else who has dealt with or lived through your similar situation. Enjoy finding solutions that maybe you haven't tried. I share freely and I am open book. So, welcome to my blog and personal journey.

I love you for following!

beach

beach
Padre Island Beach

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cigarettes! Roll Your Own!

Hey there readers. I have been extremely naughty and haven't kept up with any of my blogs. So, I decided to do better. Yes, I am a smoker, and yes I roll my own cigarettes and they are better than store bought and cheaper. I average about $5 a carton. Depending on your equipment it will average your cost.. I am going to go through the process of roller a cigarette and add some photos, as well. Hope you enjoy this!
First you will need equipment. The rolling machines I call them range from simple and cheap starting from around $5 and on up to electric and over $100. So, use your head.
You don't want to go cheap cheap because it can be more difficult to roll and it may not be put together as well. Remember, you get what you pay for. A carton in Texas runs anywhere from $30 to $60. So, for what you spend on a carton, you can buy the things to roll your own for the same price. Texas has huge inflated taxes on cigarettes.

We chose to go a little higher quality and our roller was $50. We bought the roller, two cartons of 200 rolling tubes (short lights), a 6 oz. bag of tobacco - the cost for us to start was about $70 but, we didn't buy online first, we bought from a local tobacco store. The store is $15 for a 6 oz bag of tobacco when you can get it online for the same price but for double the tobacco which is about $15 for a 1 lb. bag, the tubes at the store are $3.50 and online you pay about $2 a box for 200 to 250 rolling tubes. After the roller is bought, it will only cost you on average about $5 to $8 a carton. Sounds simple right?! Just take that $60 and make the purchase for your needs to roll instead of buying that carton. Trust me!

okay, so - you can check online. I first bought from www.ryocigarette.com and they are good. But, I was missing a box of tubes and the packing slip showed it in the box when shipped - and this site does not replace or refund if that happens. So, you can use your internet search engine to find a place to make your purchases or check your local tobacco store. This is worth it.

Tips:
1) if you have a natural or bold tobacco, you need to decide: if you want a light cigarette then use a light filter with bold tobacco. Try to avoid light tobacco and light filters, because it turns into ultra light.
2) Buy more than one box of tubes b/c you will need to practice and there will be mistakes - trust me! So, allow for the extra to experiment and get it right.

For more information - shoot me an email at tracyrknight@hotmail.com

Good luck no matter what you decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment